GEnES POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
Research and Education Grant for Innovative Environmental Engineering Solutions (GEnES) aims to establish a collaborative research and education network consortium between Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (MJIIT-UTM);Tokyo City University (TCU), Japan; Tanta University, Egypt; University of Johannesburg, South Africa, and Euglena Co., Ltd. GEnES envisions innovative environmental engineering solutions to prosper lives and humanities through the utilization of easily available microalgae and advanced wastewater treatment technologies.
MINIMUM CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
- Applicant have not received any other award or scholarship from AUNSEED/Net.
- The compulsory field of study is Environmental Engineering for both PhD and MPhil.
- Program offer under GEnES.
- For TOEFL Overall score 60*.
- For IELTS Overall band 6.0*.
* All international candidates must have a valid TOEFL or IELTS certificate with not more than two years validity on the day of registration.
KPI GEnES RECIPIENT
- One (1) Q1/Q2 paper (Mphil student).
- Two (2) Q1/Q2 papers (PhD student).
- One (1) Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
WHAT YOU GET
a) Monthly Allowance
Phd : RM 2300 / month
MPhil : RM 1600 / month
Tokyo City University
USD 800 / month
c) Research support
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT REQUESTED FOR APPLICANTS
- GEnES Application form.
- Referral letters (from two referees).
- Offer letters to register as UTM student*.
- Motivation letter to apply for GEnES scholarship.
- Research Proposal.
- Bachelor/Master thesis abstract.
- Recent passport picture (1×1.5 inches size as jpeg format).
- Copies of official academic certificates and transcripts (Bachelor and Master degrees, accordingly)*.
- Copies of journal publications, or other relevant certificates.
- Certificates of English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE)*.
*All documents need to be certified true copies by officer grade 41 and above.
*Send email to GEnES Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any inquiries regarding this scholarship.