- 2009-2012 Research Fellow, Materials Department, Imperial College London
- 2005-2009 Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical Engineering, London South Bank University
- 2000-2004 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham in Malaysia.
- 1996-2000 Senior Scientist, Defence Evaluation and Research Agency, Farnborough, UK.
- J. Ball, A. Centeno, H.S.Reehal and N.Alford, “Optical characteristics of silicon nanowires grown from tin catalyst layers on silicon/glass layers for solar cell applications “, Optics Express, Accepted with minor revisions, June 2012.
- A.Centeno and N.Alford, “Measurements of ZigBee in a reverberation chamber”, Progress in Electromagnetics Research M (PIER M), May 2011.
- A.Centeno, F.Xie and N.Alford, “Localised field and absorption due to two dimensional arrays of noble metal nanoparticles”, Journal Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, February 2011.
- E.Schmidgall, R.A.Walters, A.Centeno, P.K.Petrov and N. McN Alford, ‘Temperature stable BaxSr1-xTiO3 thin film structures for microwave devices’ IET Electronics Letters, February 2010.
- A.Centeno, J.Breeze, B. Ahmed, H.Reehal and N. Alford, “Scattering of light into silicon by spherical and hemispherical silver nanoparticles”, Optical Letters, Vol. 35, 1, pp76-78, January 2010.
- J.Breeze, J.Krupka, A.Centeno and N.McN.Alford, “Temperature-stable and high Q-factor TiO2 Bragg reflector resonator”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 082906 February 2009