Bachelor of Science
Graduates of this Industrial Mathematics programme will be mathematically competent professionals capable of dealing with qualitative and quantitative problem in related industries. Be able to assume productive roles and positions in planning, decision making, analysis and supervision of work in the industries and public sectors. Exhibit team working and leadership skills with effective communication and desirable interpersonal skills. Pursue life-long learning, enabling them to identify, adapt and seize business opportunities.
Algebra and Analysis, Applied Mathematics, Numerical Analysis and Computational Mathematics, Operational Research and Statistics are the mathematical disciplines in which core and elective course in academic programmes are classified. Students can improve their technical and generic skills through activities integrated in the program curriculum and co-curricular activities. To guarantee students obtain the necessary skills to be relevant and highly employable, teaching and learning are student-centered, including aspects of IR4.0 and 21st century.
Fullfil all university requirements and the following programme requirements:
Foundation/Matriculation/STPM with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 AND minimum grade B- in Mathematics AND minimum Grade C in ONE (1) of the science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology).
Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 AND minimum Grade C in Mathematics AND minimum Grade C in Mathematics at SPM level.
Program Educational Objectives
The objectives of the Bachelor of Science (Industrial Mathematics) programme are to provide the knowledge, skills and attributes that should be achieved by the graduates for a successful career. It is therefore anticipated that, graduates of the program will
- become competent professionals in mathematics working in related industries.
- progress professionally with proficient soft skills.
- have high standard of ethical conduct, positive outlook, and societal responsibilities.
Graduates of this programme can work as
- Quality assurance manager, production control engineer and planning officer in industries such as manufacturing, telecommunications and oil & gas.
- Statisticians, operations research analysts, sales and marketing executives in service industries.
- Financial executives in financial institutions.
- Administrative officers in public and private sectors.
- Academicians and researchers in academic and research institutions.