Gas Chromatography with Flame Ionization Detector/Thermal Conductivity Detector
Gas chromatography (GC) is a common type of chromatography used in analytical chemistry for separating and analyzing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition. Typical uses of GC include testing the purity of a particular substance, or separating the different components of a mixture (the relative amounts of such components can also be determined). In some situations, GC may help in identifying a compound. In preparative chromatography, GC can be used to prepare pure compounds from a mixture.
The Agilent 7820A GC provides simplified operation with the proven reliability expected from Agilent GC systems. This is an affordable, high-quality GC system for small to medium-sized labs that are concerned with routine analyses using standard GC methods. The 7820 was designed to maximize uptime, minimize maintenance and complexity, providing a quick return on your investment.
- Full electronic pneumatics control (EPC) is available for all inlets and detectors, ensuring excellent reproducibility, as well as reliable accuracy and precision
- Electronic Pneumatics Regulation (EPR) provides the simplicity of manual operation with high precision digital display of pressure/flow and superior ease-of-use as compared to traditional manual pneumatics systems.
- Easy to learn and use software – choose among a wide selection of OpenLAB CDS software offerings
- The simplified GC front panel keys and display provide sequence information, instrument conditions, and run status, and minimize operating errors
- Supports the 7693A Automated Liquid Sampler and Tray (not heater/mixer/bar code), 50-sample automatic liquid sampler and PAL3 Auto Sampler systems
- Optimized performance for everyday productivity and for all routine applications, including those that must comply with regulatory requirements
- Choice of inlets: Split/Splitless Inlet for megabore and all capillary columns; packed for wide bore capillary and packed columns, Programmable Cool On Column inlet for direct injection onto columns.
- Choice of detectors: Flame Ionization Detector (FID); Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD); micro-Electron Capture Detector (micro-ECD)
- Complementary software keyboard and display allows the user to control the system when it connects with an integrator or 3rd-party software
Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS) is an analytical method that combines the features of gas-chromatography and mass spectrometry to identify different substances within a test sample. Applications of GC-MS include drug detection, fire investigation, environmental analysis, explosives investigation, and identification of unknown samples, including that of material samples obtained from planet Mars during probe missions as early as the 1970s. Additionally, it can identify trace elements in materials that were previously thought to have disintegrated beyond identification. Like liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry, it allows analysis and detection even of tiny amounts of a substance.
- The High Efficiency Ion Source (HES) maximizes the number of ions that are created and transferred out of the source body and into the quadrupole analyzer.
- Improved sensitivity (10x greater) and detection limits as low as 1.5 fg IDL – performance that brings yesterday’s triple-quadrupole limits of detection into today’s single quadrupole laboratory.
- Reduce time spent on sample prep and maintenance, while meeting your current sensitivity requirements, with just 1/10 the sample volume (10x less sample required).
- Minimize operating and shipping costs by storing, prepping and disposing of 10x less material.
- Eco-friendly features, such as Sleep/Wake modes, conserve electricity and other resources like carrier gas.
- With our Inert Flow Path solutions, maintain sample integrity, while reducing analyte loss and decomposition – from carrier gas introduction through detector.
- Agilent 7890B GC is a dynamic partner for the 5977B MSD, with its efficient protocols and fully synchronized MS operation.
- MassHunter Software puts you in control – and makes your GC/MSD analysis routine. Simplify method development, from instrument settings to data analysis and reporting.
- The Agilent CrossLab portfolio of services, supplies and software is designed with innovations to drive insight and help your lab maximum uptime.
- The IDP-3 Dry Scroll Pump is an affordable, high performance, oil-free pump option for near silent operation.
Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrophotometer detector
High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Diode Array Detector
High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC; formerly referred to as high-pressure liquid chromatography), is a technique in analytical chemistry used to separate, identify, and quantify each component in a mixture. It relies on pumps to pass a pressurized liquid solvent containing the sample mixture through a column filled with a solid adsorbent material. Each component in the sample interacts slightly differently with the adsorbent material, causing different flow rates for the different components and leading to the separation of the components as they flow out the column.
The Agilent 1220 Infinity II LC is an affordable, high quality, integrated system based on proven technology, putting you on the fast track to highest efficiency for maximum return on investment. As part of the Agilent InfinityLab LC Series, the 1220 Infinity II LC gives you the proven quality and performance you expect from the industry leader. You can choose from four integrated, “all-in-one” configurations and various upgrade paths allow you to increase instrument efficiency. The walk-up upgrade and software convert the 1220 Infinity II LC into the perfect LC workhorse for a multi-user environment. Further, almost any InfinityLab LC Series module can be connected to give you maximum analytical flexibility.