|Dr. Mohammad Ali Tareq
BBA (Dhaka University), MBA (Dhaka University)
MPhil (Cambridge University),
PhD (Shiga University)
|Area of specialization
- Affordable Housing, Real Estate Planning and Development
- Finance (Measurement of the Expected Return / Cost of Capital, Stockholders’ Privileges)
- Banking (Saving Mobilization, Micro-Finance)
- Real Estate Finance (REITs, CMBS)
- Financial Accounting (Measurement of Cash Flows)
- Corporate Finance, Asset Valuation
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)
- Affordable Housing
- Financial Cash flows and Cost of Capital
- Savings Mobilization
- Financial Engineering
|Grants and Awards
- Ishii Memorial Securities Research Promotion Foundation (財団法人 石井記念証券研究振興財団), 2011-12 (平成22年). Japan. JPY 300,000
- Japanese Government Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship (October 2007-March 2011).
- Lecturer. American International University Bangladesh (AIUB). 2006-2007
- Lecturer. BRAC University (BU), Bangladesh. 2005-2006
- Junior Lecturer. Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB). 2003-2004
- Visiting Faculty. University of Development Alternatives (UoDA). 2005-2007
- Member, Cambridge University Land Society (CULS)
- Barisal Ex-Cadets’ Association (BEXCA)– Organizing Secretary, BEXCA (2005-2007).
– Games Secretary, BEXCA (2002-2005).
- Tareq, M. A. and Horimoto, Saburo, (2013) ‘Asset Pricing: Realized Return as a Sample of Return’-The Fallacy, Hikone Ronso, Summer: 396, 58-69.
- Tareq, M. A. (2012), ‘Is Residual Income Model (RIM) REALLY Superior to Dividend Discount Model (DDM)? – A Misconception. IOSR – Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), 5 (6 (Nov.-Dec-2012)), 36-44
- Tareq, M. A., (2011), “Can Realized Return Explain The Risk-Return Relationship?”, Biwako Journal of Economics, 10(1), 43-51.
http://ci.nii.ac.jp/vol_issue/nels/AA11997215/ISS0000471581_en.html Working Paper:
- “Savings Mobilization Behavior of Nationalized Commercial Banks (NCBs) and Commercial Banks (CBs) in Bangladesh”, Working Paper Series, AIUB Journal of Business and Economics, AIUB.
- “Exchange Rates ‘Overshooting’: An Empirical Study Between Bangladesh And India”, Working paper Series, BRAC University Journal.
- “Trends of Trade Disputes During the WTO Regime”, with Ziaul Abedin, Working Paper Series, AIUB Journal of Business and Economics, AIUB.
- “A comparative study on the affordable housing (AH) between Malaysia and Japan”. Target Journal: TBD
- “Sensitivity of Macro-Economic Factors’ on the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) Returns”. Target Journal: TBD
- “Measurement of Alternative Proxies of Expected Return”, Target Journal: International Review of Business Research Papers.
- “Behavior of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in Bangladesh”, Target Journal: Independent Business Review, Independent University Bangladesh (IUB).
- ‘Asset Pricing: Realized Return as a Sample of Return’-The Fallacy. World Islamic Banking, Finance and Investment Conference, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, 17-18 December 2012
- “Can we use Historical Mean Return?”, Business Research Conference , Tokyo, Japan, February 2011.
- “On the use of Historical Data as a measure of ex-ante Data”, Japan Finance Association, Nagoya City University, Japan, April 2009.
- “Can Realized average Return be Used as a Proxy for the Expected Return?”, Japan Finance Association, Kyushu University, Japan, April 2008.
- Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholar, 2007, Government of Japan.
- Member, Finance and Banking Honors’ Society, Dhaka University
- Member, Dean’s Honor List, Faculty of Business Studies, Dhaka University.