Congratulations to Algal Biomass team’s representative, Nurul Ashyikin, Noraiza Suhaimi and Marshila Kaha for winning the Leave a Nest Award Techplanter 2016 competition in Malaysia. They’re also been invited to Techplanter in Japan and Super Factory Tour or Bio Cluster Tour.
From left, Noraiza Suhaimi, Marshila Kaha and Nurul Ashyikin at the Techplanter 2016 event
The event was organized by Leave a Nest Co., Ltd., Japan and hosted by TECH PLAN DEMO DAY in MALAYSIA on June 3rd, 2016 at University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur. This competition was supported by ROHTO Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd, Japan Tobacco Inc、Mitsui Chemicals, Inc、Universiti Malaya Centre of Innovation & Commercialization（UMCIC).
Leave a Nest AWARD 2016
Team from other universities such as Universiti Putra Malaysia, University of Malaya and Universiti Malaysia Kelantan. The winner from these rounds will be invited to join the other winners in the finals in Tokyo.
List of the 12 candidates:
- Novel, non-toxic palm oil derived dental filling
- Chemotherapy for liver cancer by a wild herb substance
- User friendly ink re-fill system demanded by educators
- Rapid and accurate diagnostic system with DNA sensor
- Eco-friendly fruits vinegar production
- Fermented Momordica juice with anti-diabetic characters
- Solution for food waste problem with novel bacteria
- New acoustic drum system by sound engineer
- Production of porous nickel titanium dental implant
- Novel high quality artificial skin
- Smart Intelligent Ankle technology device
- Skin care product by algae grown in POME
Hoping for the best for Algal Biomass team for future event.