Assalamualaikum wr wbt & Selamat Sejahtera,
MJIIT Future Ready Educators (FREE) has been successfully organized a sharing session on Teaching and Learning as detailed below:
Date: 8 October 2021 (Friday)
Time: 10.00 a.m. until 11.00 a.m.
Title: “Interactive Presentation Tool for Teaching and Learning”
Speaker: AP. Dr Mohammad Tazli Azizan, Fakulti Teknologi Kejuruteraan Kimia (FTKK), Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP), MALAYSIA
Moderator: Dr. Nabilah Zaini, Sub-Group Leader of MJIIT FREE
The link to the recorded video is attached as follows: https://youtu.be/9kBGluvBJ4s
Topic 1: Tools at our disposal for emergency online teaching
Speaker: Prof Ezzat Chan Abdullah
Topic 2: Application of DISCORD (Game Apps) to create funlearning in virtual classroom
Speaker: Dr. Nurzal Effiyana binti Ghazali (Research Fellow,Centre for Engineering Education)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, higher education institutions have shifted to online based lecture. Along with the instruction by the government, MJIIT has started full online education from April 2020. Learning environment of students are different in countryside and city, nevertheless lecturers are making all efforts to enable students’ learning activities by utilizing variety of tools.
Online lecture cannot be substitutional teaching method of face to face classroom as it needs different view in course design by understanding its uniqueness and difficulties. For providing effective learning activities by blending both offline and online learning mode, acquiring basic knowledge of course design theory, “Instructional Design”, is expected to support lecturers teaching activities under this COVID-19 crisis.
Future Ready Educator (FREE) MJIIT committee and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) team up to organize online seminar on the Instructional Design to support MJIIT academic staff on this matter. Prof.Kenichi Kubota, the President of Forum for i-Learning Creation (FiLC, Japan) is the instructor for this program.
Objective of the online seminar
(1) Understanding mode of education (Correspondent Education, Asynchronous Education, Synchronous Education, Combination of Mode, Blended Learning)
(2) Understanding basic theory of Instructional Design (ADDIE Model, ARCS model etc )
(3) Being able to design online lecture based on Instructional Design Theory
(1) Questionnaire survey for designing the seminar (2 weeks before the seminar I)
(2) Pre-Assignment: Develop lecture plan by participants (1 week before the seminar I)
(3) Seminar I (90 min) lecture and discussion
(4) Post-Assignment: Improve lecture plan by participants
(5) Seminar II (90 min) presentation and discussion
(6) Follow up activities (after October 2020)
Welcome to MJIIT Sites. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!