Nurturing Values, Empowering Minds
The PhD and MPhil research degrees have been especially designed to incorporate the latest advancements in technology, offering students the exclusive experience of undertaking research under the supervision of Malaysian and Japanese experts while combining both theory and practice. MJIIT offers a competitive advantage by leveraging on the strength of Malaysian and Japanese educational systems, expertise and technologies for world-class research and development.
Duration of Study
The duration for the MPhil and PhD degrees are:
Minimum Duration (Years)
For more information, visit https://admission.utm.my/malaysian-postgraduate-study/
More details of our postgraduate programmes can be found in our postgraduate handbook HERE.
A Stimulating Japanese-Inspired Research Culture
A distinctive research experience through membership of the innovative Japanese Kohza system, or ikohza, is provided at MJIIT. Within this framework, the Senpai-Kohai relationship or mentoring concept is realised from the moment a research student is admitted into the programme and becomes a member of the ikohza. Junior members are nurtured and closely supported by their seniors, and there is strong collaboration and continuous guidance from professors and other senior members of the research group. Furthermore, selected students are given the exclusive opportunity to conduct part of their dissertation in Japan with exposure to world-class research and gain the ability to develop knowledge and research skills in a challenging, rewarding and exciting field of study. MJIIT welcomes enquiries for research opportunities at the postgraduate level leading to the MPhil and PhD degrees.
- Master of Sustainable Systems
- Master of Technology & Innovation Management (MTIM)
- Master of Disaster Risk Management (MDRM)
- Master of Sustainability and Environmental Sciences (Joint Degree Taught Course)
Fully Research (Master of Philosophy (MPhil))
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy
MJIIT offers the prospect of conducting the MPhil and PhD research in several focus areas list below:
1. Air Resources Research Lab
2. Communication Systems and Networks (CSN) Research Lab
3. Intelligent Dynamics And System (IDS) Research Lab
4. Embedded System (ES) Research Lab
5. Ecological Engineering (EE) Research Lab
6. Advanced Devices and Materials Engineering (ADME) Research Lab
7. Tribology and Precision Machining (TriPreM) Research Lab
8. Vehicle System Engineering (VSE) Research Lab
9. Biologically Inspired System and Technology (Bio-iST) Research Lab
10. Wind Engineering for (Urban, Artificial, Man-made) Environment Research Lab
11. Chemical Energy Conversions And Applications (ChECA) Research Lab
12. Nano-characterization, Structural Control And Processing (Nano3) Research Lab
13. Metabolic Engineering & Molecular Biology (MemBio) Research Lab
14. Shizen Conversion & Separation Technology (SHIZEN) Research Lab
15. Algal Biomass (AlBio) Research Lab
16. Optical Devices and System (ODESY) Research Lab
17. Management of Technology.
18. Center for AI and Robotics (CAIRO) Research Lab
19. Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Centre (DPPC) Research Centre
1. Entrance Requirements
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) The entrance requirements include a good Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field (BEng, BSc) from a Malaysian institution of higher learning, or an equivalent qualification from any international institution of higher learning as recognized by the Senate of UTM. Students with approved experiential learning would have a distinct advantage. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Students must have a good Masters degree in a related technical field from a Malaysian institution of higher learning, or an equivalent qualification from any international institution of higher learning as recognized by the Senate of UTM. Students with approved experiential learning would have a distinct advantage. Language Requirements International students must have proof of English language proficiency. Refer HERE
The registration is open throughout the year.
Interested students are advised to contact MJIIT at email@example.com in the first instance for a discussion on possible research topics and potential supervisors before admission. Detailed information may also be obtained from the Postgraduate Brochure.
3. Application Brochure
From now on, prospective postgraduate students can apply for their PhD and MPhil programs at MJIIT via online:
Application For Admission To a Postgraduate Programme
Candidates are advised to consult potential supervisors on the proposed research topic prior to completing the form.
Click Here for Malaysian Students
Master Full Time (3 Semester)
Master of Sustainable System
Master of Disaster Risk Management
Master of Technology and Innovation Management
For more information, click HERE
Click Here for International Students
Master Full Time (3 Semester)
|Master of Sustainable System||RM 19,354.00|
|Master of Disaster Risk Management||RM 35,654.00|
|Master of Technology and Innovation Management||RM 25,984.00|
For more information, visit HERE/
First Stage Evaluation
|MJIIT Postgraduate Procedure|
Target: Academic office, Supervisor and Students who are in
2. Third Semester of PhD Programme
|Week-4||Students submit research synopsis using RP3-1 form, and
• One (1) copy of CHAIRMAN EVALUATION REPORT
after filling up personal details on the forms.
|DOWNLOAD RP3-1 HERE
DOWNLOAD CHAIRMAN EVALUATION
|Week -5||Supervisors complete and submit nomination of panel in GSMS||Apply via GSMS|
|Week -5||Students submit the research proposal (4copies) to
Academic Office. The proposal must have been read
and endorsed by supervisors.
|Week -9-11||First Stage Evaluation Seminar
|Week -13||Academic office return assessors’ comments to
supervisor and students
|**Notes: Deadlines are subject to Faculty Postgraduate Committee|