Call for Research Proposals
JACTIM research proposal competition is to promote research activities at MJIIT, the JACTIM (The Japanese Chamber of Trade and Industry, Malaysia) is sponsoring a call for research proposal relating to green technology for sustainable development in Malaysia. JACTIM research proposal competition is an annual research competition organised by MJIIT.The Committee welcomes research proposals on any related topic that is realistic and can be potentially collaborated with the industries. Suggested topics may include:
- Prediction the future trend of energy usage in Malaysia.
- Prediction of potential energy for the future.
- Energy saving for production line for industry in Malaysia.
- Energy saving equipment in vehicle and electric industries.
Information Technology (IT)
- Development of communication system using net environment facilities.
- Development customer feedback system for continues improvement of the new product.
- Automatic quality control report using IT systems.
- Low cost material for manufacturing industries.
- Local material for high quality in modern industries.
- Current and future trend of environmental regulations and international standard.
- Future trend of waste management in Malaysia and what are the potential technologies for keeping the environment clean.
A total of RM50,000.00 prize fund is available to offer prizes for the best submissions. Both undergraduate and postgraduate MJIIT’s students are invited to submit research proposals in their respective categories. Please visit our website for the details on the submission guidelines and regulations.
Call Innovative Competition Timetable:
Timely submission of the research proposal is critical to the success of the program. The procedures and timetable enumerated below will apply.
- Extended Deadline for Proposals
By October 31th, 2018 (Wednesday), all idea need to be submitted in written research paper format. Please use the template provided and follow the guidelines properly to submit an idea. The committee has the right to reject the late submissions. Submissions must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of Proposals
By November 8, 2018 (Thursday), the Committee will make a decision on all submitted ideas. The number of accepted of ideas for product presentation might be limited. The Committee will contact authors via email using Committee’s official email (email@example.com) regarding their innovative products. Make sure your email can receive the Committee’s email.
On November 22, 2018 (Thursday), selected ideas will be invited for product presentation. All selected ideas need to bring their products and poster during the presentations, without products they going to be disqualified. Each invited author should make every effort to attend the presentations and present his/her product and able to answer any question from the judges or visitors. These authors will be contacted in advance of the meeting.
- Award Ceremony
On Disember 7, 2018 (Thursday), a grand award ceremony will be held attended by the senior officers of UTM and JACTIM.
Innovative Products Selection Criteria
All innovative products and ideas submitted will be evaluated and selected according to the following main criterias:
- How does the product innovations impact the community that contribution to Novel Growth?
- Are the innovations described realistic and have the potential to be commercialized or collaborated with the industries? This may include the cost benefits.
- Is there an adequate description of the problems that is being to be solved.
All participants are required to submit an idea in written research paper format with clear, concise and using direct sentences. The submitted idea should be prepared in accordance with the Research Paper Template.
Product may vary due to field of study. For management, simulation, process or service while in engineering-wise product can be anything that able offered to a market that might satisfy a want or need.
The Committee looks forward to receiving papers in response to the call, and is happy to respond to inquiries from interested parties.
|Winner||PhD Category||Master Category||UG Category|
|Champion||RM 3,500||RM 3,000||RM 2,500|
|RM 18,900 Air Ticket and Accommodation for visiting Japan|
|2nd place||RM 2,500||RM 2,000||RM 1,500|
|3rd place||RM 1,750||RM 1,250||RM 1,000|
|4th place||RM 750||RM 700||RM 500|
|5th place||RM 750||RM 700||RM 500|
|6th place||RM 750||RM 700||RM 500|
iKHOZA with the most number of participants
Champion RM 2,500
2nd place RM 2,000
3rd place RM 1,750