Japanese Oriented Engineering Education
Feel free to contact us!
Prof. Madya Dr Azwadi Che Sidik
Deputy Dean Academic
Malaysia – Japan International Institute of Technology (MJIIT)
University Teknologi Malaysia
Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra (Jalan Semarak),
54100 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel: +603 2203 1211
Final Year Project
The Final Year Project (FYP) is a subject that must be completed by final year students as a requirement to receive the bachelor of engineering degree (MPE, ESE or CPE). In this subject, the students will be given two semesters to work on a task that is related to their field of interest. Students are expected to do their work independently most of the time, but their progress will be monitored closely by their supervisors. At the end of the project, students will have to document their work in a thesis which must be hard bounded and submitted to the Faculty.
The aim of the FYP is to give students opportunity to apply the knowledge that they have gained while studying in MJIIT to solve practical engineering problems. By doing so, it is hoped that the students will gain knowledge and experience in solving problems systematically thus when they graduate, they will be ready to work as reliable and productive engineers.
Objectives of the Final Year Project (FYP) for students are to :
- To develop the student’s basic skill of research.
- To have insight into the organization, approach, analysis and research methodology in any particular topic in areas of students’ interest.
- To expose student in finding literature review from research materials such as journals, intemet, magazines, etc.
- To train the student to achieve the objective, formulate problem statement, solve engineering problem and defend such statement.
- To act effectively as an individual in carrying out experimental projects and analyze data using the relevant tools in achieving objective of the study within limit scope and time.
- To assist student in analyzing primary and secondary data.
- To produce an acceptable research proposal, final year report and technical paper which can be apply m the specific engineering discipline.
- To build-up student’s self-confidence, communication, presentation, writing and time management skills.